- Over one million US homeowners have geothermal.
- 95% of all geothermal heat pump owners would recommend a similar system to their friends and family according to surveys by utilities.
- Geothermal heat pumps have an average savings of 65%-70% compared to conventional systems.
- A house with geothermal reduces overall environmental emissions by 70% as compared to electric heat with AC.
- The impact of currently installed geothermal heat pumps is equivalent to:
- Taking 1,295,000 cars off the road
- Planting 385 million trees
- Reducing U.S. reliance on imported fuels by 21.5 million barrels of crude oil per year
- Geothermal systems do not consume any fuel or produce significant emissions.
- There are no unsightly or noisy outdoor (condenser) units.
- There are no noisy "on" cycles with blasts of hot or cold air, and there are no fluctuations in temperature.
- As a bonus, geothermal systems can produce the majority of your hot water at much higher efficiencies than ordinary methods.
- Geothermal heat pumps are up to 470% efficient!
- Homeowners can save over $200,000 on utility costs over a lifetime by switching to geothermal.